If your local business is not found on the first page of the Google Local listings (the ones with the map to the left and the A-H listings beside it, you are missing out on a huge amount of business!
Searchers tend to think that these are “Google approved” businesses and will usually click one of the, rather than scroll down to the organic listings. This is the one time organic listings just don’t count.
Here are a few statistics that are relevant if you serve a local geographic market for your products and services:
- 40% of all searches have local intent. A search for “dentists” implies a local search, as does “seattle dentist” obviously.
- 80% of all commerical searches have local intent. A search for “zoom teeth whitening” is a commercial search.
- 17 million people use online maps to find a local business
For more information on how to improve your Google Local listing, check out the article The Power of Google Local (Maps) And Why It Matters To You at Biznik.com.
- Definitive Guide for Ranking on Local Search
- How to Get 50% Off BOTW Local Listings
- Google Adds a New Twist to Search